Sunday, October 23, 2011

Parenting Ponderings

Okay, so I had a thought while doing the dishes yesterday evening. Today was the first day I was able to get to the computer, though...

I had always wished for quiet children, just like me, and I often haven't understood why my daughter, who is so much like me in other ways, never followed suit.

Recently, at work, while introducing myself to a new coworker, my past as a foster child came up. Of course, that got me to thinking on my entire past (for those who know, being a foster kid is only the tip of the iceberg).

After an especially tough day with the kids yesterday, I was pondering the differences between us and it came to me. They aren't abused. I was an abused and/or neglected child (depending on which parent I lived with) when I was younger. Because of this, I was quiet and withdrawn.

In this case, I am glad that my girls and the quiet children that I always sought.


Now, I realize that some kids are just quiet children, but mine are not and for this (and because of the above reasons) I am glad that they are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment