Monday, March 19, 2012

McFatty Monday - Week 7

Source
Okay, yes, I have been M.I.A. for several weeks. I wish that I could say that there is a good reason for that, but, unfortunately, there isn't. I have been wallowing in self-pity, dealing with my daughter's depression, and just coping with day-to-day life.

My weight is still fluctuating. I followed up with my doctor and she has tried doubling my thyroid hormone. But, it's been a couple of weeks and the weight still isn't budging. As a matter of fact, my weight just took a 2 lbs step up.

I have worked hard for 6 months now and, if anything, I have ultimately gained 8 lbs. I am not sure what else to do. I know that I am reaching my breaking point. I am honestly ready to throw in the towel and just indulge however I want to.

4 comments:

  1. Other than the meds, what are you doing to lose weight? No judgement. Just curious. I would love for you to join Vance, my mom, my aunt, my cousin, and my cousin's fiance on our journey! We're all using myfitnesspal.com. It's AWESOME! Check out my entry, Sunday Walking, on my Wii Fit Extravaganza blog and you can find out more info on it. Let me know if you'd like an invite, or you can just sign up for yourself. It takes a LOT of the guessing work out of it and makes it manageable. Plus, given your personality, I think you'd really benefit from the structure of it all! (As I do!)

    Don't give up! You can do this!

    xo,
    A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Vance and I both have a goal of losing 20 lbs by July 7th, my cousin's wedding. :-)

      Delete
    2. I have used myfitnesspal.com since September. It's supposed to be a great website, but unfortunately, my weight won't budge. I have worked out more than ever in my life and I count every calorie. It just will not budge! Apparently, I can't do anything to lose weight. It's extremely frustrating and disheartening!

      Btw- Danny is on MFP, too. He's lost almost 20 lbs in a month!

      Delete
  2. I have been having a difficult time losing weight too. Just keep praying dear girl for what you desire. I know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete