Monday, June 25, 2012

McFatty Monday - Week 21

Source
Okay, I am going to try changing up my McFatty Monday posts. They need a little more pizzazz. I am also going to try to be more regular in my posts. Here goes nothing!

So, I started my journey to weight loss on 09/09/11. Found out I have hypothyroidism and actually gained 10 lbs. On 01/03/2012, I reached my heaviest of 240.4 lbs and have struggled every since.

My Goals 
lose 10 lbs = pedicure
lose 20 lbs  = mani and pedi
lose 30 lbs = TBA
lose 40 lbs  =  TBA
LONG TERM GOAL : lose 94.7 lbs


The Scale
Starting Weight: to be implemented next week
Current Weight: 237 lbs
Weight Loss this Week: to be implemented next week
Total Lost: 3.4 lbs

NSV : Non Scale Victory
This week I: 
- actually played with my youngest on the playground
 
 Exercise
The Goal: 30 minutes three times a week
The reality:  played at playground for about 30 minutes


Food:
The Goal: 1200 calories a day
The reality: yeah, I wish
 
My Feelings: 
I am very nervous about putting so much thought and effort into my weight loss. I have become seriously depressed before over my weight loss, or lack thereof. I am hopeful that creating these posts will hold me a little more accountable for my weight, though.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's awesome that you are doing this and working so very hard. Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend eating around 1500 calories and making sure to work out 3-5 times a week, even if it is only 15 minutes a day. You'll be less likely to over indulge and give in to binges, because you'll feel satisfied.

    I spoke with a lady at the Vitamin Shoppe tonight. She recommended eating 6 smaller meals to keep your metabolism going. Obviously, this isn't a new way of thought, but maybe you should try to do that. Also, eat more calories throughout the day instead of "hoarding" them until dinner. AND...drink water. LOTS of water!!!! AT LEAST 8, 8 oz glasses a day. I honestly don't feel well unless I have at least 9-12 glasses of water, but I didn't use to feel that way! Plus, if you're working out, it's EASY to drink at least 3 cups during/after!

    Stay away from soda. Diet soda doesn't hurt your calorie count, but it's still a bad habit. (I am slowly cutting out my diet dr. pepper. It's a killer!!!)

    Still praying for you!

    xo,
    A

    ReplyDelete