Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Small Anniversaries

Something unprecedented happened to me recently and I don't know how to translate it. The 2nd anniversary of meeting my husband passed without me even realizing it....

For those who don't know me, I am big on anniversaries, birthdays, and any reason to celebrate. So, how could I have missed this anniversary? I have no idea. How should I translate it? No clue. Still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that I missed it, let alone trying to figure out what it means.

I think that it's important to celebrate the little things. It breaks up the humdrum of daily life and places some focus on how important your partner is.  For guys, though, I think they take it differently... For instance, I mentioned to my husband that our "anniversary" passed unnoticed and he said "you have a wedding anniversary." As if that's all that should be celebrated. So, I am thinking of starting a series of these posts starting with how important is it to celebrate the small anniversaries.

Let's see what I find in research...

An anniversary is an important time for a couple to celebrate. It signals that they've reached a milestone in their relationship. The anniversary that you celebrate can commemorate the years they've been together since your first date, first kiss, engagement, wedding, or another event that has deeply personal meaning to both members of the couple.

The easiest way to strengthen any relationship is a celebration of any of your milestones, you tend to recreate the magic of love. Anniversaries are the time to remember a moment in time, as well as to fall in love again.

Most of the references I found said that each couple is different. But if anniversaries are important to you, then celebrate them. If anniversaries are important to your partner, then celebrate them.

An anniversary is the perfect time for you and your spouse to reflect on what is good about your relationship. Taking time to celebrate your love is important regardless of anniversaries, but an anniversary really gives you both the opportunity to give thanks for what you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment