Friday, April 22, 2011

Bankruptcy

Okay, so those of you who know me and/or follow my blog, know that I am fighting foreclosure on my house. After a year and a half out of work, and 6 months of not being able to pay my mortgage payment, the bank file foreclosure. I have to say, I don't blame them for doing it. I do however, blame them for how they have handled things since then.

When they first filed, I immediately applied to them for a remodification of my mortgage. Four months later, they had not even assigned a counselor to my case and the Clerk of Court had no choice, but to allow the foreclosure. But this latest trick burns me up!

Almost three weeks ago, a tree fell in my back yard. Straight line winds ripped a very old and very big (10,0000 lb.) tree out of the ground and dropped it right behind my house. Well, my insurance company was more than fair and immediately wrote me a nice check to help cover the clean-up of the tree and all the repairs. (Fortunately, the repairs are not many, but that's not the focus of my rant.) I immediately email my mortgage company and their attorneys and let them know that I had the check. I requested to know how much money I would need to reinstate my mortgage.

Well, good news! With my tax refund, my first paycheck at my new job, and the check from the insurance company; I have the money! Bad news! The attorney for the mortgage company has now backed off and said that the mortgage company may not accept the insurance check! What in the world. There was no major damage to the house that needs to be fixed right away! A couple of chipped shingles and some scratches on the siding! I have the money that I need to reinstate my mortgage and yet they won't take it!

I tell you what! I am not letting go of my house. I went through too much to get it and I have fought darn hard to keep it!

I suppose I will have to file bankruptcy in order to keep my house. I have never heard of a more stubborn mortgage company in my life! How in the world can I be standing here with the money that they want, that they are owed, and yet, they won't take it! I can only imagine what the trustee is going to say when my case comes across his/her desk! This is going to be one of the shortest Chapter 13 bankruptcies in history!

No comments:

Post a Comment