Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Manic Monday: Halloween

Every so often, as a parent, you get a reminder that holidays are a privilege not a right. Unfortunately, your kids get those lessons at the same time. As anyone who doesn't have their head stuck in the ground knows, yesterday was Halloween. I knew ahead of time that it was going to be stressful. I had to work, then take my oldest directly to her final cheer leading practice, then try to make time for trick or treating afterward...Ugh!

Apparently, it was deemed by someone out there that the above was not enough stress. I get to work and two of my coworkers and/or their families are sick. This cuts out any chance of sneaking out early.

About 1pm, I get a call from the hubby...my youngest is running a fever....ugh. By the time I get home from work, the hubby is sick too....double ugh. This means I have to cancel my bestest (who is pregnant) joining us for the hunt.



I managed to take my oldest trick or treating after practice, but it just wasn't all that fun. It was nice to be able to take her, but I was stressed and worried; I've been extremely sensitive, emotionally, lately; and it wasn't as fun corralling one kid without the other. I missed my little one. It just wasn't the same without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment