Thursday, December 8, 2011

So Proud!

I am one proud wife and mom right now! My hubby and daughter were featured, front page in the local news paper.

My husband is the sponsor for the Student Council at the elementary school that he teaches at. Every year, they do a canned food drive. I don't mean a cardboard box at the front of the school type food drive. Every year, there is about two weeks where the kids get to dress funky for school. It can be anything from crazy sock day to favorite story book character day, but they have to bring in a canned food item each day that they participate. The food collected goes to two of the local food banks.

This year, the hubby agreed to do a concert as Taylor Swift for the entire school if they collected 4,000 cans of food. Guess what....they collected 5, 339 cans of food! So, my husband, who is no small/petite man, is going to have to dress up as Taylor Swift and do a concert! AWESOME!

Both of my girls, being teacher's kids, have helped in the canned food drives each of the last three years. They help in the organizing of the food and in the delivery. When the Dispatch came out to do the story, they snapped a shop of my oldest and she is plastered on the front page!

Let's just say, I am one beaming lady!

5 comments:

  1. This is a proud mommy moment. Your daughter look so sweet and caring. AND YOU have to post some pics of the hubby doing his thing. HEHEHHE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want to see Danny in a dress!!!

    xo,
    A

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have picts of him as Hannah Montana already. hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definitely share, as soon as he does the concert!

    ReplyDelete