Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I am a Martha

I was just reading a great post by Christian Stay at Home Moms called But What if I'm a Martha?  I really like the post, but it reminds me all over again that I am a Martha. I am the type of person who gets caught up in the details of no matter what I do.

It definitely applies to my walk with Christ, but it also applies to other areas of my life as well. I can't sit back and enjoy anything because I almost always get wrapped up in the little things that need to be done.

Source
When my daughter was an infant, I was home with her and could enjoy the day to day life with a baby. But, as she grew, I went to school and at one point, I was in school full-time, worked full-time, and was a single mom. Needless to say, I don't remember too many details from those years. Now that I have a husband and a step daughter, I find myself constantly researching things, studying things (including my Bible), or reminiscing. It's always the little things...

So, how do I become more like Mary? How do I learn how to enjoy the big things and still balance the little things...the day to day things...the cleaning...the organizing...etc, etc, etc?

No comments:

Post a Comment