Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Memories...

Last week, the hubby and I went to a John Michael Montgomery concert. We enjoyed it and it definitely took me back. Since, most of his hits came from a time when I was between 13 and 15 years old, the songs took me back to a time when I was definately young and dumb.

Source

Has anyone else thought that some of the reason for the divorce rate nowadays is the unrealistic expectations that our culture is exposed to? A lot of this is reinforced by those old ballads (and even recent ballads).

Now, I am not trying to put my hubby down, by any means, but come on! Love is nothing like those ballads. (At least not after the first couple of months.) Yep, cause men really move heaven and earth...or they can be all that you need (only God can be that)...

Has anyone else out there thought that the constant barrage of unrealistic expectations that our teen culture (the one that most connects to music) has been exposed could be part of the reason that relationships no longer last? Could it be part of the reason the people relationship hop?

***Hmmmm...there is no longer a spark, so I am going to move on because love is supposed to be constantly exciting and full of sparks and butterflies.

When the reality of lasting companionship love sets in, soo many people nowadays run. Anyone ever wonder why?

Now, I will say that I don't completely blame music, but this is definitely a thought that crossed my mind and I heard all those old ballads that I used to listen to as a teen.

***All that said, I did enjoy the concert, but I had to wonder about this as I listened to some of these ballads with my adult ears for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment