Sunday, October 14, 2012

Question...

How do you all deal with Working Mom Guilt?

I work full-time and I have a family. I have two girls and a husband. Luckily, my husband is a school teacher and almost always gets home before I do, so when I get home dinner is ready and homework is done.

But, I also have one child in treatment with a psychologist, which requires doctor's appointments, and school events, regular doctor's appointments, etc. I feel like I am leaving work early about once a week on average and I worry about my job.

Source
Luckily, my supervisor has been very understanding with all the appointments for my daught this year. He has never asked what is going on, but all the doctor's notes from therapists and psychiatrists probably gives him an idea.

But, how do I balance my responsibilities at work (which have recently increased) and my responsibilities as a wife.
Yes, it is easy to say "family comes first," and it really does. But my job is very important for my family too. Lately, with the added responsibilites at work, I have been unable to attend my own therapy appointments (and take care of myself), and I worry what all the other appointments will fall by the wayside (which I really can't afford).

Trust me, I would love nothing more than to stay home with my kids. I could cook and clean, take better care of my dogs, have everything nice and ready for the hubby and kids when they get home. But, I don't have that luxury and, honestly, it made me a little crazy when I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment