Friday, October 12, 2012

The Sharp Knife of a Short Life

We have been super busy lately, thus, no posts.

Then, yesterday, the worst happened.

Last Monday, one of my coworkers found two kittens abandoned in the rain. She brought them to work Tuesday and I begged my hubby to let me bring one home.

I brought home the cutest little white and black 3 week old furball! We named him Cooper, after Sheldon Cooper (from Big Bang Theory), and began cuddling, snuggling, and bottle feeding him.

My hubby, who is NOT a cat lover, even fell in love with him and would snuggle with him and humm to him to keep him quiet.

He cried A LOT, but seemed to do well for a few days. Then, his eye got cloudy and I took him to the vet. We started antibiotics and steroids and only two days later, he passed away.

I came home for lunch yesterday to check on him and he was gone. My heart broke and I cried. Our vet offered to perform an autopsy for free in order to try and determine what happened, but, no matter the results, my cute little fuzzy, warm, loud, and loveable kitten isn't coming back.

Worse yet, my youngest is taking it really hard and cried all evening. Even my brave and manly hubby has teared up. Last night, as I write a new post, we snuggle up in the livingroom with the Wizard of Oz, lots of popcorn, and lots of family love!


No comments:

Post a Comment