Saturday, March 9, 2013

Follow up

When I last wrote, I confessed that God has been convicting me to give all to my marriage, but that I had been unable to do so.

I had a secret that I had not shared. A hurtful thought that had been festering for almost a year and a half. 

I eventually sought counseling and my counselor gave me a homework assignment....confess my hurt to my husband.

Source
It took almost a week to finally do it. And, let me tell you that was the worst week! I was hurt, I was angry at having to do it, I was short-tempered, I was passive aggressive. And, what for?

For fear. For fear of my hubby's reaction. For fear of feeling rejected when he laughed at me. For fear of the unknown.

But, it all ends happily. I confessed my hurt to my hubby and he helped to heal it.

Now, I am no fool...I gave Satan a foothold for too long, I am sure that he will try to use my hurt against me in the future, but thanks to my hubby, I no longer think about it every day. And why?

Because I finally submitted. I submitted to my hubby by telling him, although everything in me said no. I submitted to God by doing what he has been convicting me to do, even though he had to use a counselor to finally get it out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment