Saturday, November 26, 2011

2nd Guessing my Parenting

Not sure why, but all of a sudden, I am second guessing my parenting abilities. I have two kids, one biological and one inherited, and I have never really second guessed my parenting before.

10 1/2 years ago, when I found out I was pregnant, I just lowered my head, did my research, and plowed forward. I knew from day one that I would be a single parent and that I did not have good parents as role models. I knew that I wanted to undo the mistakes that my parents made. (And I am not talking about the typical mistakes a parent makes. I am the child of an alcoholic and a sexual abuser. You wouldn't believe the things that I grew up with!)


But....I have recently started second guessing my own parenting ability. And, as I write this, I start contemplating the good ways that I am a good parent; but in everyday, day-to-day matters, I have started second guessing myself. Is this the result of having a child on the verge of adolescence and moody as all get out? Or, is this nerves now that we have actually started trying for another kid?

No comments:

Post a Comment