Thursday, November 17, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulness - Days 15, 16, and 17

I have been more than a little bummed for the last few days and it has been really hard for me to think of something to be thankful for. God has blessed me with a lot, but sometimes, it hard to see the forest through the trees.

Today, I realized that it is really easy to be thankful for something when you no longer have it. Today, I am thankful for working heat in the car on cold November mornings. Yes, I got in my car this morning and the heat would not come on. I actually had to crack the windows on the way to work to keep the windshield from fogging up. (Trying really hard not to throw a pity party here.) That provoked the thought "you are really more thankful for the things you no longer have."

Unfortunately, sometimes we need a little heavenly reminder to be thankful. So now, I am ready to make up for those days that I missed.

Granted, I was not thankful for these things on days 15 and 16, but here goes.

Day 15 - I am thankful for Christians. I had a really nice conversation with my boss today about Operation Christmas Child and sponsoring children in other countries. It gave me a little insight into him and reminded me during a dark time what is important.

Day 16 - I am thankful for control. I had just enough reminders today that there are things to be thankful for that I was better able to control my reaction when I found out that my oldest tried to forge my hubby's signature on her homework. Don't get me wrong, she is in a heap of trouble, but I didn't lose it. I didn't yell, I didn't cry, but yes, I did employ guilt (that must just come with being a mom). She did get about 4 different punishments with the option of two more piling on depending on her behavior with the rest (early bed time, no tv, all around restriction, and menial labor with the option not to be allowed to go to the theater this weekend and even writing 1,000 times that she will not forge a signature).





Care to join in on the fun? Create a post each day, sharing one thing that you're thankful for that day! Feel free to grab/post the button on your blog so that others can join in, too!
 

Add the link to your blog if you're joining in on the 30 Days of Thankfulness fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment