Monday, November 21, 2011

Ghosts of Christmas Past

After reading Angela's Favorite Things, I decided to post my own Ghosts of Christmas Past post. Interesting enough, I was able to track it through The Traveling PhoBlogWriPher, To Make Love Stay, and Irocksowhat. Wow!
Me and my brother at the Battalion Christmas Party 1982
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate with lots of little/melted marshmallows!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa always wrapped presents for me. Santa only does stockings for my girls, but he still wraps almost all of them little gifts in their stockings.

2008
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Gotta be mulit-colored lights!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No.
5. When do you put your decorations up? It's usually very hard for me to wait, but I aim for Thanksgiving weekend.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I always loved Iced Box Fruitcake growing up, but I haven't had it since I was 10.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I love getting together at my grandma's house, but the last few years, I have really really enjoyed going to the in-laws and their Dirty Santa/White Elephant game!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I figured it out on my own at 5 years old. My brother and I argued about it for the next 6 years, until Teta told us the truth.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We all get to open one present on Christmas Eve, my girls always open pajamas so they look cute for pictures the next morning.
2009
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With lot of different ornaments. My tree is like a scrapbook. I can tell you at least a little story with each ornament. I started out with only balls on my tree at 18 years old and now, I am 31 and I don't have room but for one of the original balls (gotta keep it for that story).
2009 - Our first "family" Christmas tree

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I LOVE it!!!

12. Can you ice skate? Nope. I have been twice in my entire life.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Seems really corny, but when I was incapacitated with a bulging lumbar disc two years ago, my hubby bought me jeans that were way too big so that I could get them on with less pain.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? The two most important parts for me: remembering that God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son... and it is really important to me that we have time just the four of us (parents and children) to spend time together and open presents Christmas morning.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Ruth Boone Peanut Butter Balls!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? ...I love everything about Christmas!

17. What tops your tree? An angel

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I love giving. I love shopping for my girls and for anyone else that I love.

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? YUMMY!
20. Favorite Christmas show?Santa Clause is Coming to Town

21. Saddest Christmas Song? Christmas Shoes by Newsong. Makes me cry every time!

22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Santa Baby and Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer.
My daughter's first Christmas 2001
My step-daughter's first Christmas 2005 (No, that's not my hubby...lol)


If you join in, comment so I can check yours out too!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you posted on, too! :-)

    xo,
    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angela and Sara! I love pictures and I love Christmas. This was the perfect post for me!

    ReplyDelete