Sunday, January 8, 2012

Dealing with Anger

I recently posted about having so much anger in my heart. I have been dealing with my anger in unhealthy ways for so long that I don't know how to deal with it in a healthy way.
Most of the time, I swallow my anger for fear of upsetting or disappointing someone else. Then, I erupt. It could take days or months, but eventually that anger spews out of me like molten lava.
And it spews forth in various ways.
  • It may be in a grumpy attitude which, if not acknowledged by others, progresses to rage and discontentment with everything.
  • It may be expressed in passive aggressive ways. I may start "picking" with my husband and it turns to complete disrespect and annoying behavior (on my part).
There was a time that I used journaling and poetry to deal with my anger. Now, I blog; but I don't want to disrespect others in front of the whole world, so I don't fully express myself.
A lot of times, because I have repressed my anger so much, I don't even know who I am angry with. So, it's really easy to transfer my anger to whoever is around or whatever is happening. But, chances are, that's not really what I am angry with.
How do you deal with anger?

No comments:

Post a Comment