Friday, February 3, 2012

Confession

Wow! It is super easy to get sucked into the World!

I have always been against cheating. I, myself, have never cheated on a boyfriend/fiance/husband, but I have been cheated on by all but four of my boyfriends. I am the type of person who can't even look at another man when I am in a relationship. But...

Source
I have a friend. (really, this is a friend/acquaintance of mine). She is in a really bad relationship. This guy of hers has cheated on her, disregardful her feelings, lied to her, hides his Facebook account from her, etc. etc. etc. As I friend, I am concerned for her and would like to see the relationship end, but it's not my decision and I try to be as honest and yet, as supportive as I can. But...

Yesterday, this friend came to me and confided that she has been talking to an ex. This is a guy she has been off again, on again with for a while. This is also a guy who has a girlfriend, but my friend was very tempted to step out on her guy to be with this other.

As a Christian, I am not supposed to support premarital sex, although I have had enough of my own. I am not supposed to support infidelity, but I found myself highly curious how her situation would play out. I talked with her at length about why I thought she was seeking to step out on her guy, but I definitely didn't condemn what she was considering doing.

Whoever says to the guilty, “You are innocent,”
   will be cursed by peoples and denounced by nations.
But it will go well with those who convict the guilty,
   and rich blessing will come on them.
                                                    - Proverbs 24: 24-25
Essentially, I was supportive even though I don't believe in what she was doing. I partly want to see her guy get hurt the way he has hurt her and I partly wanted to see her relationship end. But, that is not my call to make and I shouldn't have gone along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment