Friday, July 20, 2012

World Flipped

Source
Okay, as "most" (should be all) of you know, I am a working mom. I am blessed to have a school teacher for a hubby, who takes care of the kids after school. I am also blessed to work 10 minutes from home. On a typical day, I can leave work for lunch and actually come home and hang out with the dogs (and even the hubby during the summer).

Well, a wrench was thrown into that tranquility today (Thursday).  My boss, who is the regional supervisor and not often in my office building, showed up unexpectedly and asked to speak with me.

**Now, I know what you are all thinking, but this was at 11am. "Those" conversations are usually had at the end of the day.**

Turns out that we have some people shifting positions and it's leaving a gaping whole that needs to be filled in the office in the city next to us. So....I get to transfer offices "for at least 90 days" to another town and work in an area of law that I haven't worked for 6 years.

Not only am I switching offices, but I am moving to our "corporate" office, so the atmosphere is bound to be different.

Needless to say, I am nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment